diff() function in R Language is used to find the difference between each consecutive pair of elements of a vector.
Syntax: diff(x, lag, differences)
x: vector or matrix
lag: period between elements
differences: Order of difference
 -6 3 -1 5 -3 48 -36  1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1  -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1
 -3 2 4 2 45 12  0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Here, in the above code, the ‘lag’ tells the period between values, i.e. lag = 2 means, diff is calculated between 1st and 3rd value, 2nd and 4th values, etc. and ‘differences’ tells the order in which
diff() function is called i.e. differences = 2 means
diff() function is called twice on the vector.
- Calculate Median of elements of a Vector in R Programming - median() Function
- Convert an Object into a Vector in R Programming - as.vector() Function
- Check for the Existence of a Vector Object in R Programming - is.vector() Function
- Create a Vector of Colors from a Vector of Gray Levels in R Programming - gray() or grey() Function
- Calculate Rank of the Values of a Vector in R Programming - rank() Function
- Calculate the Cumulative Minima of a Vector in R Programming - cummin() Function
- Calculate the Cumulative Maxima of a Vector in R Programming - cummax() Function
- Calculate Time Difference between Dates in R Programming - difftime() Function
- Add Leading Zeros to the Elements of a Vector in R Programming - Using paste0() and sprintf() Function
- Check if Elements of a Vector are non-empty Strings in R Programming - nzchar() Function
- Make Elements of a Vector Unique in R Programming - make.unique() Function
- Replace the Elements of a Vector in R Programming - replace() Function
- Creating a Vector of sequenced elements in R Programming - seq() Function
- Check if the elements of a Vector are Finite, Infinite or NaN values in R Programming - is.finite(), is.infinite() and is.nan() Function
- Get the Sign of Elements of a Numeric Vector in R Programming - sign() Function
- Replicate elements of vector in R programming - rep() Method
- Adding elements in a vector in R programming - append() method
- Compute the gamma value of a Non-negative Numeric Vector in R Programming - gamma() Function
- Check if values in a vector are True or not in R Programming - all() and any() Function
- Getting Match of an Element within a Vector in R Programming - charmatch() Function
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.