ArrayList represents an ordered collection of an object that can be indexed individually. It is basically an alternative to an array. It also allows dynamic memory allocation, adding, searching and sorting items in the list. ArrayList.RemoveAt(Int32) method is used to remove the element at the specified index of the ArrayList.
- Elements can be added or removed from the Array List collection at any point in time.
- The ArrayList is not guaranteed to be sorted.
- The capacity of an ArrayList is the number of elements the ArrayList can hold.
- Elements in this collection can be accessed using an integer index. Indexes in this collection are zero-based.
- It also allows duplicate elements.
- Using multidimensional arrays as elements in an ArrayList collection is not supported.
public virtual void RemoveAt (int index);
Here, index is the zero-based index of the element to remove.
- ArgumentOutOfRangeException: If index is less than zero or index is equal to or greater than Count, where Count is number of elements in ArrayList.
- NotSupportedException: If the ArrayList is read-only or the ArrayList has a fixed size.
Below given are some examples to understand the implementation in a better way:
The elements in ArrayList initially are: A B C D E F The elements in ArrayList are: A B C D F
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
- This method is an O(n) operation, where n is Count.
- After the element is removed, the size of the collection is adjusted and the value of the Count property is decreased by one.
- C# | Get or set the element at the specified index in ArrayList
- C# | Insert an element into the ArrayList at the specified index
- C# | How to remove the element from the specified index of the List
- C# | Remove element at specified index of Collection<T>
- C# | Remove all elements from the ArrayList
- C# | Copying the entire ArrayList to 1-D Array starting at the specified index
- C# | Remove a range of elements from the ArrayList
- C# | Remove the first occurrence of a specific object from the ArrayList
- C# | Check whether an element is contained in the ArrayList
- C# | Remove from the specified index of a SortedList
- C# | Remove from the specified index of the StringCollection
- C# | Remove the entry at specified index from OrderedDictionary
- C# | Get or set the element at specified index in Collection<T>
- C# | Gets or Sets the element at the specified index in the List
- C# | Insert an element into Collection<T> at specified index
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.