ArrayList represents an ordered collection of an object that can be indexed individually. It is basically an alternative to an array. It also allows dynamic memory allocation, adding, searching and sorting items in the list. ArrayList.Clear method is used to remove all the elements from the ArrayList.
- Elements can be added or removed from the Array List collection at any point in time.
- The ArrayList is not guaranteed to be sorted.
- The capacity of an ArrayList is the number of elements the ArrayList can hold.
- Elements in this collection can be accessed using an integer index. Indexes in this collection are zero-based.
- It also allows duplicate elements.
- Using multidimensional arrays as elements in an ArrayList collection is not supported.
public virtual void Clear ();
Exceptions: This method will give NotSupportedException if the ArrayList is read-only or the ArrayList has a fixed size.
- This method is an O(n) operation, where n is Count.
- Count is set to zero, and references to other objects from elements of the collection are also released.
- Capacity remains unchanged.
Below programs illustrate the use of ArrayList.Clear Method:
Example 1 :
Number of elements in ArrayList initially : 6 Number of elements in ArrayList : 0
Number of elements in ArrayList initially : 5 Number of elements in ArrayList : 0
- C# | Remove a range of elements from the ArrayList
- C# | Remove the element at the specified index of the ArrayList
- C# | Remove the first occurrence of a specific object from the ArrayList
- C# | Copy the elements of collection over a range of elements in ArrayList
- C# | ArrayList whose elements are copies of the specified value
- C# | Adding the elements to the end of the ArrayList
- C# | Adding elements to the end of the ArrayList
- C# | Sort the elements in the ArrayList
- C# | Get or set the number of elements that the ArrayList can contain
- C# | Getting an enumerator for a range of elements in the ArrayList
- C# | Copying the elements of ArrayList to a new array
- C# | Get the number of elements actually contained in the ArrayList
- C# | Getting a subset of the elements from the source ArrayList
- C# | Sets the capacity to the actual number of elements in the ArrayList
- C# | Reverse the order of the elements in the entire ArrayList or in the specified range
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.