StringBuilder(Int32) constructor is used to initialize a new instance of the StringBuilder class which will be empty and will have the specified initial capacity. StringBuilder is used to represent a mutable string of characters. Mutable means the string which can be changed. So String objects are immutable but StringBuilder is the mutable string type. It will not create a new modified instance of the current string object but do the modifications in the existing string object.
public StringBuilder (int capacity);
Here, capacity is the starting size of the StringBuilder instance. If the number of characters which is to be stored becomes greater than the specified capacity then the StringBuilder object will dynamically allocate the memory to store them.
Exception: This will give ArgumentOutOfRangeException if the capacity is less than zero.
Capacity of StringBuilder: 10
Example 2: For ArgumentOutOfRangeException
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: ‘capacity’ must be greater than zero.
Parameter name: capacity
- How to find the Capacity of a StringBuilder in C#
- C# | Creating an ArrayList having specified initial capacity
- C# | Capacity of a SortedList
- C# | Capacity of a List
- C# | Sets the capacity to the actual number of elements in the ArrayList
- StringBuilder in C#
- C# | Setting the capacity to the actual number of elements in a SortedList object
- C# | String vs StringBuilder
- How to create the StringBuilder in C#
- How to find the length of the StringBuilder in C#
- How to find the MaxCapacity of a StringBuilder in C#
- StringBuilder.Chars Property in C#
- StringBuilder.CopyTo Method in C#
- How to remove all characters from StringBuilder in C#
- StringBuilder.ToString Method in C#
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.