Business Process Management (BPM) updates the processes in real-time. It is a process-centric approach for improving business performance that combines information technology with governance methodologies. It is a set of activities that helps the business to run smoothly. These processes begins from company’s activities from the starting stage to the final sales.
The key processes involved in BPM is Risk Management, business process modelling, business process outsourcing, employee motivation and product inventory. It’s main objective is to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of a company’s business and to improve the operational performance.
- Guides users through decisions.
- Automatically prioritizes and routes work.
- Standardizes resolutions across geographies.
- Monitors for business events and initiates action.
- Real-time visibility and process-control.
- Automate key-decisions.
- Improve forecasting.
- Improves productivity.
- Lower Cost.
- Does not allow processes to be repeated.
- It has its limit.
- Lack of communication.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between BPR and BPM
- Process Improvement in Defect Management Process (DMP)
- Introduction to Business Process Re-engineering
- Software Engineering | Project Management Process
- Process Workflows in Software Project Management
- Iteration Planning Process in Software Project Management
- Stages of Defect Management Process
- Defect Management Process
- Benefits of Automated Cross-Browser Testing for Online Business
- Software Engineering | Software Business and Development
- Difference between E-Commerce and E-Business
- Software Engineering | System configuration management
- Software Engineering | Software Project Management Complexities
- Integrating Risk Management in SDLC | Set 1
- Integrating Risk Management in SDLC | Set 2
- Integrating Risk Management in SDLC | Set 3
- Software Engineering | Software Project Management (SPM)
- Software Engineering | Risk Management
- Software Engineering | Software Project Management Plan (SPMP)
- Principles of Risk Management and Paradigm
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.