In this article, we are going to write a python script to get the distance between two places and bind it with the GUI application. To install GeoPy module, run the following command in your terminal.
pip install geopy
- Import the geopy module.
- Initialize Nominatim API to get location from the input string.
- Get latitude and longitude with geocode().
- Get the distance with distance() method in geopy.
GUI Application to Measure Distance with Tkinter:
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Build a GUI Application to Get Live Stock Price using Python
- Build an GUI Application to Get Live Air Quality Information Using Python.
- Build a GUI Application to ping the host using Python
- Calculate distance and duration between two places using google distance matrix API in Python
- Python | Get a set of places according to search query using Google Places API
- Build an Application to Search Installed Application using Python
- Python | Calculate Distance between two places using Geopy
- Build a Voice Recorder GUI using Python
- PyQt5 - GUI Application to get IP address
- Python | ToDo GUI Application using Tkinter
- Create First GUI Application using Python-Tkinter
- GUI chat application using Tkinter in Python
- Login Application and Validating info using Kivy GUI and Pandas in Python
- GUI Application for Live Cricket scoreboard Using Python
- GUI application to search a country name from a given state or city name using Python
- Build an Application to extract URL and Metadata from a PDF using Python
- Build an Application for Changing PC's Wallpaper using Python
- Build an Application for Screen Rotation Using Python
- Build an Application to extract news from Google News Feed Using Python
- Python | Distance-time GUI calculator using Tkinter
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.