BNY Mellon Internship Interview Experience | On-Campus 2022
Online Assessment: This was an online coding round conducted on the Hacker rank platform and consisted of 4 questions.
- Easy – Based on Array and Sorting
- Medium – https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/count-minimum-number-of-fountains-to-be-activated-to-cover-the-entire-garden/
- Medium – https://leetcode.com/problems/maximal-square/
- Hard – Given some points in the form (x, y) and a value x, find the y corresponding to x using a few conditions given in the question. Basically Had to use lower bound and upper bound concepts.
I was able to do easy and both medium (all the Test Cases passed) and partial test cases of Hard Questions.
A lot of Students applied and finally, 25 students were selected for Interviews, I was one of them.
Round-1(Technical Interview): Began with introductions and a coding question- https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/count-words-in-a-given-string/ and one more that was also basic question on stack. Then he asked me about my projects and detailed discussion on technologies I have used.
He asked some DBMS and OOPS questions –
- Operator Overloading, Polymorphism, early/late binding, virtual memory etc.
- Also asked me to write an SQL Query (Joins and aggregate functions).
- Then, I was told that I am selected for next Interview Rounds.
Round-2(Technical Interview): Interviewer was Vice President at BNY Mellon
Round-3(HR +Technical): Brief Introductions and discussion on projects (in-depth) and OOPs-related questions.
- He asked tech stack-related questions and a simple puzzle: Given 2 jars one of 4 liters, the other 5 liters, and an infinite water supply, how to measure 7 liters of water using these 2 jars. and
- Tell me about a time where you displayed leadership skills.” and few similar HR questions and
- What I knew about BNY Mellon. and If I had any questions for him.
Finally, I was selected for the Internship.