Python is a high-level, interpreted, general-purpose programming language that supports both object-oriented programming and structured programming. It is quite versatile and offers a lot of functionalities using standard libraries which allows the easy implementation of complex applications.
Python is also the most popular and fastest growing programming languages in current times. Keeping this mind, some beginner tips for learning Python are given below:
- Understand your area of interest –
Before starting learning Python, it is important to understand your area of interest so that you remain motivated. Some of the areas to explore with Python are Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Web Development, Robotics, App development, Python scripts, etc.
- Learn the basic Python syntax –
It is necessary to learn the basic Python syntax before starting anything. Only a little time is required to become familiar with the syntax and you can move on to coding. Any doubts that arise later can always be addressed by referring back to the syntax.
- Practise coding everyday –
It is very important to code every day while learning a new programming language. This establishes consistency and helps you become more familiar with the language. You can start small and gradually increase your coding time as you go along.
- Make notes as required –
Personalized handwritten notes are a great way to understand the concepts and syntax of Python as they require focused concentration. They also help later in case of any doubts as they contain a lot of important information in the same place.
- Try an online course –
Online courses are a great way to learn Python as they provide the necessary information as well the means to test it. Online courses also contain feedback systems where you can request help if required. Also, these courses progress from basic to advanced concepts which increases your knowledge in an efficient manner.
- Interact with other people –
Python has a large online community and it is easy to interact with other people to clear your doubts or participate in discussions. Also, answering questions on online forums is great to increase your own understanding of Python and clear your concepts.
- Do small projects –
As a beginner, small projects are a good way to understand Python more deeply and become more competent in it. It is not necessary that these projects are very useful as long as they teach you something. Some examples of projects that can be made are a calculator app, an alarm clock app, a tic-tac-toe game, etc. After completing the beginner stage, one can start doing projects on the domain you want to pursue further (like Web-development, ML, etc.).
- Contribute to open source –
Contributing to open source Python projects helps to obtain a greater understanding of Python. Also, the comments and suggestions received will help you in becoming a better programmer and learn the best practices for Python.
- Teach Python to someone else –
It is said that you only know something when you can teach it to someone else. So teach Python to others, whether in the form of blog posts, video recordings, live lectures, etc. This will enhance your own understanding of Python and also expose any holes in your knowledge that need to be filled.
After reading the beginner tips for learning Python, it is time to go ahead and practice them. Take lots of notes, practice writing the code as often as possible and ask lots of questions when required. Understand the Python best practices and follow them meticulously. Do lots of projects and teach others to remain in touch with basics. Above all, remember to have fun!!
- How Should a Machine Learning Beginner Get Started on Kaggle?
- 5 Tips On Learning How to Code - General Advice For Programmers
- Learning Model Building in Scikit-learn : A Python Machine Learning Library
- ML | Reinforcement Learning Algorithm : Python Implementation using Q-learning
- Optimization Tips for Python Code
- Tips to reduce Python object size
- 10 Essential Python Tips And Tricks For Programmers
- Artificial intelligence vs Machine Learning vs Deep Learning
- Q-Learning in Python
- Which Programming Language Should I Choose as a Beginner?
- 7 Common Programming Mistakes That Every Beginner Must Avoid
- Introduction To Machine Learning using Python
- Best Python libraries for Machine Learning
- Best Way To Start Learning Python - A Complete Roadmap
- Why is Python the Best-Suited Programming Language for Machine Learning?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.