Prerequisite: Python Language Introduction
Before we start with how to install Python3 on Windows, let’s first go through the basic introduction to Python. Python is a widely-used general-purpose, high-level programming language. Python is a programming language that lets you work quickly and integrate systems more efficiently. There are two major Python versions- Python 2 and Python 3. Both are quite different.
Getting started with Python
Python is a lot easier to code and learn. Python programs can be written on any plain text editor like notepad, notepad++, or anything of that sort. One can also use an online IDE for writing Python codes or can even install one on their system to make it more feasible to write these codes because IDEs provide a lot of features like intuitive code editor, debugger, compiler, etc.
To begin with, writing Python Codes and performing various intriguing and useful operations, one must have Python installed on their System. This can be done by following the step by step instructions provided below:
What if Python already exists? Let’s check
To check if your device is pre-installed with Python or not, just go to the Command line(search for cmd in the Run dialog( + R).
Now run the following command:
If Python is already installed, it will generate a message with the Python version available.
Download and Install Python:
Before starting with the installation process, you need to download it. For that all versions of Python for Windows are available on python.org.
Download the required version and follow the further instructions for the installation process.
Beginning the installation.
- Getting Started:
- Installing Libraries:
- Installing pip and other features:
- Finishing Installation:
To verify the installation enter the following commands in your Terminal.
Let’s consider a simple Hello World Program.
- How to Install Python Tensorflow in Windows?
- How to install OpenCV for Python in Windows?
- How to install Python Pycharm on Windows?
- How to install requests in Python - For windows, linux, mac
- How to Install Python Pandas on Windows and Linux?
- Guide to Install MongoDB with Python | Windows
- How to download and install Python Latest Version on Windows
- How to install PIP on Windows ?
- How to install Anaconda on windows?
- How to install Jupyter Notebook in Windows?
- How to Install Oracle Database 11g on Windows?
- How to install Python on Linux?
- How to install Selenium in Python
- How to install Python Pycharm on Linux?
- How to install OpenCV for Python in Linux?
- How to install Librosa Library in Python
- Install Python package using Jupyter Notebook
- Download and Install Python 3 Latest Version
- How to install MySQL connector package in Python?
- How to download and install Python Latest Version on macOS / Mac OS X
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.