Today we are going to study the basic definition of management, how it is used in many forms and importance of management. Management is an act of getting people together to achieve the desired goals or objectives of any human or business organisation.One of the most imperative and interesting disciplines of business, due to change in rapid time, the roles of managing are changing too. business nowadays have become complicated and owning it to the dynamic industry we need good managers for successful business.
Some of the definitions of management:
- Management as a noun:
They consists of people/persons who are concerned with management and are given authorities from the organisations.
For example, product manager who manages the product development and deployment on time.
- Management as a verb:
Inspired from Italian word “managerial” and french word”management”, it is the action of the tasks.
For example, the firm appoints a manager *to manage* the team.
- Management as a process:
It refers to what management does and includes getting things done by others.
For example, the manger instructs to the development team to improve the codes.
- Management as a function:
It contains all the activities to be undertaken by manager like planning, organizing, directing, staffing, coordinating, etc.
- Management as a science:
disciplined body of knowledge which can be learnt and practiced.
Importance of management:
- Increasing the efficiency of business.
- Crystallize the nature of management.
- To improve development of management.
- To attain social goals by coordinating the efforts of people so that the individual objectives can be transferred into social attachments of business
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) | Basics
- Software Testing | Basics
- Basics of Augmented Reality
- Basics of NS2 and Otcl/tcl script
- Basics of Input and Output in Windows PowerShell
- Basics of the Blockchain and its various applications
- Load Testing Basics, Tools & Practices in Software Testing
- Basics of Animation
- Content Management Systems - An Overview
- Software Engineering | System configuration management
- Understanding Digital Rights Management
- Software Engineering | Software Project Management Complexities
- Software Engineering | Project Management Process
- Risk Management for Information Security | Set-1
- Risk Management for Information Security | Set-2
- Integrating Risk Management in SDLC | Set 1
- Integrating Risk Management in SDLC | Set 2
- Integrating Risk Management in SDLC | Set 3
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.