AWS – Removing Restrictions from Port 25 in Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud Instance
The Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) is a web service that provides computational capacity in a secure and scalable way to its users. It is elastic in nature meaning you need to pay exactly what you use. It also provides utilities like processor, storage, networking, operating system, and purchase model.
Amazon EC2 restricts traffic on port 25 of all EC2 instances by default. But you can request for this restriction to be removed after logging into the AWS Management Console. In this article, we will learn the process of removing a restriction on port 25 from an Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud Instance.
Follow the below steps to remove restrictions from the EC2 port 25.
- Step 1: If you are using Route 53 for DNS navigate to Route 53 console.
If you are using a third party to host your site ask your DNS provider to create an A record for you. The A record should point to the IP address of your EC2 instance, that will be hosting the SMTP service.
- Step 2: Then choose the Hosted zones and select your hosted zone.
- Step 3: After this choose the Create record option.
- Step 4: Click on Simple routing and then click on next.
- Step 5: Now click on Define simple record option.
- Step 6: Now note the name of your SMTP server, select type as A record, note the Elastic IP address of your EC2 instance in Value field. After that click on Define simple record.
- Step 7: Now click on Create records.
- Step 8: This is a crucial step. Now you need to request AWS to remove the port 25 restriction on your instance. For that choose AWS Support center-> create case.
- Step 8: Now select service limit increase. In limit type search for easy to email and then open the link for easy to email in request information. Enter your email address and your use case description. Optionally you can provide the AWS-owned Elastic IP address and reverse DNS record that AWS needs to associate with Elastic IP address.
Step 9: Finally choose submit. If your request is approved you will receive an email to notify you that “the port 25 restriction on your EC2 instances is removed“.
Share your thoughts in the comments
Please Login to comment...