Arista Networks visited our campus for internships
The first round consisted of 3 online coding questions. Hackerrank was used as the platform.
1. The maximum sum of an N-ary tree
2. Inserting and searching in a Trie (easy if you know Trie)
3. Sorting linked list each of elements which is connected to another linked list that must also be sorted.
The coding questions were of moderate difficulty.
Those who solved 2 or more were selected to the next round.
It was a telephonic interview. Questions were mostly from DSA.
Began by telling me to introduce myself.
1. Asked me to explain my algorithm for maximum sum of N-ary tree from the first round.
2. Print evenly repeating characters in a string in O(n).
2. Output of a C program. (dynamic scope)
3. Size of a struct in C (padding)
4. Suggest a data structure for each of the following real life situations
i. A vehicle registration system. If we give registration number of a vehicle as input, owner name, registration date, vehicle type should be output.
ii. For vehicle type as input, details of all vehicles of that type should be output.
iii. If we give two dates as input, details of all vehicles registered between those dates should be output.
She wanted to know the time and space complexity of all my solutions.
5. Questions on memory layout of C (where are pointers, automatic variables stored ? etc)
Finally, she asked me if I had any questions for her. I asked a few questions.
After two rounds two people were selected for internship.
Study DSA and time, space complexities.
Be confident and clear in your answers. If you are having a telephonic interview, make sure the interviewer can clearly hear you (hold the microphone closer to your mouth 🙂 ).
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Arista Networks Interview | Set 7 (For Internship)
- Microsoft Interview for SDE-2
- Undostres Interview September 2018
- Wipro Turbo On Campus Placement
- Ebix Interview Experience
- Goldman Sachs Interview Experience (Summer Internship, On-Campus)
- Cohesity internship interview
- Uber Interview Experience (On Campus for Internship 2018-19)
- Microland interview experience (on-campus internship + FTE)
- BuyHatke interview experience (On-campus for 6 months internship)