I applied at Amdocs from their website for the post of Graduate Software Engineer Trainee-2018. The first round was an online test at Amcat from home. It was a web camera monitored. Then I was called for Interview at Amdocs Gurgaon. The result of the second round was still not declared so I cant tell you about Round 3 which is basically HR round.
Round 1: It was based on Amcat comprising of Aptitude, Logical and Reasoning, English, Technical (Based on C, Unix, and DBMS)and coding round (Comprising of 2 coding questions based on the language you select before the start of the test).
Round 2: It was technical interview round.There were two interviews friendly in nature. It was a kind of interview where selection doesn’t matter, you get to learn about your drawbacks that too in a positive way. So the interview was based on the following:
- Data Structure
- Computer Networks
- Operating System
The major questions were from Java and Data Structure and from rest of the topics there were basic questions.
1) Difference between ArrayList & List and LinkedList & List
2)Collection in Java
4)Code to print the first non-repeating character in a string.
5)Code for the explanation of Runtime and Compile Time polymorphism and need of both.
6)How abstraction can be achieved and difference between interface and abstract class.
1)Code for insertion of node in linked list.
2)Traversal of tree.
3)Which is better array or Linked List and which data structure will you prefer between both if you need to maintain a record of 100 names?
1)OSI Model with explanation of each level.
2)Protocols in each level of OSI model
3)Difference between TCP/UDP
4)Difference between ipv4 and ipv6 and use of ipv6.
5)Difference between http and https
1)Primary Forien Key
3)Normal Forms and their practical usage.
1)How to change current directory
2)Use of chmod command
3)What is ssh
1)What are threads.
2)Which is better Multiprocessing or Multithreading.
Round 3: It was a telephonic technical interview.When you clear Round 2 you will have a telephonic technical interview. The questions asked in the telephonic interview were very basic and from the same topics i.e. Java, OS and Computer Networks.
At first, he introduced himself and asked me to introduce myself. Then he began asking questions from java.
1)Why is java better than other object oriented languages?
2)How java implements its security and portability features? (Please do mention the use of JVM)
3)What is the use of polymorphism and how it is achieved?
1)Differentiate between Physical Memory and Logical Memory.
2)What is a virtual memory?
1)Explain TCP/IP and OSI model and differentiate between them.
2)Explain the protocols in TCP/IP and OSI model layer by layer.
The last question in both the interviews was do you want to ask something.
Just go through the given topics it would be enough for the interview.
- Reliance Jio Interview Experience for Graduate Engineer Trainee
- BlueOptima Interview Experience (for graduate software engineer)
- Amdocs Interview Experience | On-Campus | Software Engineer Associate
- Amdocs interview Experience (On-Campus) for software engineer associate
- KPIT Technologies Interview Experience for Trainee Software Engineer
- Sopra Steria Interview Experience | Set 2 (For Software Engineer Trainee)
- HSBC Technology Interview Experience | Software Engineer Trainee
- Amdocs Interview Experience for Associate Software Engineer | Pool Campus at NIT Silchar | NIT Agartala | August 2019
- TekSystem Interview Experience for Trainee Engineer
- Amdocs Interview Experience | Set 4 (On-Campus Software Engineering Associate)
- Amdocs Interview Experience | On-Campus for Software Engineering Associate
- Sopra Steria Interview Experience | Set 3(For Software trainee 2018)
- Yardi software India pvt ltd | Off Campus Drive for Software Engineer Trainee
- Amdocs Interview Experience | Set 2 (On-Campus)
- Amdocs Interview Experience | Set 12 (On-Campus)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.