Recently I was interviewed for the position of SDE 2 I have 4 years of work experience .Following were the asked.
Note: For all of the question production level code was required.
1.Write a program to convert a integer to its form in a given language .
For example 112345 Could be one hundred twelve thousand three hundred forty five or One lac twelve thousand three hundred forty five.
2.Find the top k frequent items in a stream of numbers Space O(k)
It was basically a design round .
1.Design a Chess board so that two players can play.Each of the play can make any warrior move.Class Diagram and basic functions were asked to be written.
2.Design a key value pair storing system in a distributed system
Questions on types of caching in distributed systems , Sharding
How will you be handling scalability , failover and latency.
Given a 2 D array with m Entry points (which are on the edges) and n exit points which are on the edges give the total number of paths that are possible .Complete production level code was to be written
Round 4: Bar Raiser Round
1.given a large file with contents like
Re-arrange it such that every line has the index of all of its anagrams
2. Given inorder and postorder traversal of a tree give the preorder traversal without creating the tree.
Round 5 Hiring Manager Round
1.Nut and Bolts Problem
2.Given a million list of co-ordinates in the form of longitude and latitude just as Google maps .How will you print closest k cities to a given location .
After that a few behavioural questions
I was not able to come up with a good answer for second question.
I thank geeksforgeeks for creating this amazing platform.Great job guys.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 167 (SDE I for 1 year 6 months experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | 401 (3+Years Experience for SDE II)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 391 (SDE-2, 5.5 years Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 243 (2.5 Years Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 242 (1 Year Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 241 (1.5 years experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 248 (4.8 Yrs Experience for SDE II)
- Amazon Interview experience | Set 330
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 354 (For SDE-2)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 222
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 221
- Amazon SDE II Interview Experience
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 353 (For SDE-2)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 352 (For SDE I)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 166 (For SDE I)