Advantages and Disadvantages of Telecommunication
“Communications technology is a crucial part of both today’s and tomorrow’s society.”
Telecommunication also referred to as e-commuting or e-work, is that the term used when individuals cash in on the various technological advances to figure from anywhere they desire, giving themselves. Furthermore, it’s important to notice that telecommuting should be approved by the employer whereas telecommuting may be a topic of which opinions differ. Not every organization allows its employees to figure at their home rather than at the particular office. Telecommuting seems to be mainly driven by a change in management attitudes, improvements in technology, savings in office costs, and therefore the demand from the staff (Haynes, 2000).
Advancements in telecommunication technologies have greatly impacted the way people interact with each other at a worldwide level. In today’s world, they communicate easily through voice calls, video calls, and data sharing applications. By adopting a classy telecom system, many businesses have realized improved productivity, better customer service, and increased growth.
Advantages of Telecommunication :
- Quick and accessible communication
- Lack of time period
- Saves time
- Saves gasoline (do not need to drive distance)
- More than two people can communicate with at least one another at an equivalent time
- Next “best thing” to being there
- Easy to exchange ideas and knowledge via phone and/or fax
- Worldwide access
- Easy access to the people you would like to contact.
- Less effort in using transportation just to satisfy a private personally.
- You can just occupy your home and use a telephone or a cellphone if you would like to speak to someone.
- Enable end-users to speak electronically and share hardware, software, and data resources.
- This make corporation to do the transaction at the point only and in a very fast way from many remote locations, exchange business documents electronically with customers and suppliers, or remotely monitor and control production processes.
- Interconnect the pc systems of a business so their computing power is often shared by end-users throughout an enterprise.
- Make the organization work with collaboration and communication among the staff inside and out of doors a corporation.
- Develops new products and inventions
Disadvantages of Telecommunication :
- Cultural Barrier
- Prank calls
- Sometimes expensive
- High electric bills
- Remote areas don’t have access
- Remote areas might not be ready to afford the necessary equipment
- Cannot see whom you’re speaking with
- Cannot see facial expressions, therefore results in misunderstandings
- Cultural barriers
- Poor connections or downed power lines during/after storms
Please Login to comment...