Advantage and Disadvantage of Edge Computing
Edge Computing enables data to be analysed, processed, and transferred at the edge of a network. Meaning, the data is analysed locally, closer to where it is stored, in real-time without latency. Edge computing allow data from Internet of things device to be analysed edge of network before being send to a data center or cloud.
- It offers high speed, reduced latency better reliability which allows for quicker data processing and content delivery.
- It offers better security by distributing processing, storage, and applications across a wide range of devices and data centers, which makes it difficult for any single disruption to take down the network.
- It offers a far less expensive route to scalability and versatility, allowing companies to expand their computing capacity through a combination of IoT devices and edge data centers.
- It requires more storage capacity.
- Security challenges in edge computing is high due to huge amount of data.
- It only analyse the data.
- Cost of edge computing is very high.
- It requires advanced infrastructure.