Both of the property is quite useful in CSS. The visibility: “hidden”; property is used to specify whether an element is visible or not in a web document but the hidden elements take up space in the web document. The visibility is a property in CSS that specifies the visibility behavior of an element and display: “none” property is used to specify whether an element is exist or not on the website.
- Visibility property:
visibility: visible| hidden | collapse | initial | inherit;
- Display property:
display: none | inline | block | inline-block;
So, the difference between display: “none”; and visibility: “hidden”;, right from the name itself we can tell the difference as display: “none”;, completely gets rids of the tag, as it had never exists in the HTML page whereas visibility: “hidden”;, just makes the tag invisible it will still be on the HTML page occupying space it’s just invisible.
In the visibility span, the tag still exists as you can see space between, whereas as display got rid of the tag.
- display = “none”;
document.getElementById("Id").style.display = "none";
- visibility = “hidden”;
document.getElementById("Id").style.visibility = "hidden";
In the above when the display button is clicked the whole page shifts upwards occupying the space of the deleted div tag while when the visibility button is clicked it doesn’t as the div still exists in invisible form.
- Web 1.0, Web 2.0 and Web 3.0 with their difference
- What is the difference between GUI and CUI?
- What is the difference between (NaN != NaN) & (NaN !== NaN)?
- Difference between T-SQL and PL-SQL
- Difference between “!==” and “==!” in PHP
- Difference between JSP and ASP
- Difference between ASP and ASP.NET
- Difference Between Blu-Ray and DVD
- What is the difference between MEAN.js and MEAN.io?
- Difference between 2D and 3D Shapes
- Difference between npm and yarn
- Difference Between Node.js and Asp.net
- Difference between 1NF and 2NF in DBMS
- What is the difference between the | and || or operator in php?
- Difference between ReactJS and Vue.js
- Difference between Where and Group By
- What is the difference between CSS and SCSS ?
- Difference between JSON and XML