aria-hidden: Using ‘aria-hidden=”true”‘ removes the element and its children from the accessibility tree in some browsers the assisting technology but the content will displayed in thye browser. According to the fourth rule of ARIA, the use of hidden characteristic is not allowed on the focusable element because it shall cause the user to focus on nothing. Do not use the aria-hiden=”true” inside of a <body> tag the whole page will be not accessible to assistive technology.
Note: The aria-hidden indicates that the elements and all of its children are not visible to any user as implemented by the developer.
Difference between HTML hidden and aria-hidden:
|HTML hidden hides everything from the user.||ARIA’s aria-hidden, hides content from the assisting technology|
|By using HTML hidden, you can remove focusable content from the browser navigation.||While using ARIA hidden, we don’t remove the content from the browser.|
|You can apply CSS style of display:none in HTML hidden.||ARIA’s aria-hidden, no such script shall apply.|
- What is the difference between properties and attributes in HTML?
- HTML | Attributes
- HTML | Id Attributes
- HTML | data-* Attributes
- HTML | DOM attributes Property
- HTML | Attributes Complete Reference
- Tags vs Elements vs Attributes in HTML
- Why are dashes preferred for CSS selectors / HTML attributes ?
- jQuery | Set Content and Attributes
- jQuery | Get Content and Attributes
- What are these attributes `aria-labelledby` and `aria-hidden` ?
- XML | Attributes
- PHP | SimpleXMLElement attributes() Function
- Data-toggle attributes in Twitter Bootstrap
- Perl - Attributes in Object Oriented Programming
- How to filter object array based on attributes?
- SVG Element.attributes Property
- What is the difference between <html lang="en'> and <html lang="en-US'> ?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.