Webkiller v2.0 – Tool Information Gathering tool in Kali Linux
Webkiller is a free and open-source tool available on GitHub. Webkiller is used as an information-gathering tool. Webkiller is used to scan websites for information gathering and finding vulnerabilities in websites and webapps. The whois data collection gives us information about Geoip lookup, Banner grabbing, DNS lookup, port scanning, sub-domain information, reverse IP, and MX records lookup.
Features and uses of Webkiller :
- Webkiller’s interactive console provides a number of helpful features.
- Webkiller is a complete package of Information gathering tools.
- Webkiller can be used to find IP Addresses of targets.
- Webkiller can be used to look for error-based SQL injections.
- Webkiller can be used to find sensitive files such as robots.txt.
- Webkiller can be used to find information about Geo-IP lookup, Banner grabbing, DNS lookup, port scanning, sub-domain information, reverse IP using WHOIS lookup.
- Webkiller is a free and open-source tool this means you can download and use it free of cost.
- Webkiller is a complete package of information-gathering modules.
- Webkiller works and acts as a web application/website scanner.
- Webkiller is one of the easiest and useful tools for performing reconnaissance.
- Webkiller is written in ruby language.
- Webkiller interface is very similar to metasploitable 1 and metasploitable 2 that makes it easy to use.
Step 1: Open your Kali Linux operating system and install the tool using the following command and move to the directory using the second command.
git clone https://github.com/ultrasecurity/webkiller.git cd webkiller
Step 2: Now you are in the directory of Webkiller. Now you have to install the requirements of the tool using the following command.
pip3 install -r requirements.txt
Step 3: Requirement has been covered use the following command to run the tool.
The tool is running successfully. Now we will see some examples to use the tool.
Example 1: Use the Webkiller tool to find the open and closed port of a domain.
Choose the option 1 information gathering tool.
Now use give the domain to the tool:
The tool has found open and closed ports on the <domain>. Similarly, you can find the open and closed port of your own domain.
Example 2: Use the Webkiller tool to find the admin page of a domain.
Choose option :
Give the domain address to the tool:
Similarly, you can find the admin pages if available publicly on the internet. Similarly, you can use the tool to find admin pages of the tool. Webkiller is a vulnerability Scanner. Webkiller has the following modules DNS Lookup, WHOIS lookup, GEO-Lookup, Subnet lookup, port scanner, Links extractor, etc. Webkiller can detect closed and open ports of networks.