In the recent days, we often find interviewers asking us that have you done any certification.
If you are having any certification in your resume, it helps you stand out of the crew. Your chances of getting selected if the certification matches the company’s domain, then it is definitely a plus point.
So the questions which people generally have while going for a certification are what is the right time to take one? Which one should I take, how to prepare for it.. I shall be answering such questions through this post.
1. What is the right time to go for certification?
There is no right or wrong time to go for certification. If you are a fresher, I would recommend it is the right time to get a certification as the zeal for learning is there in freshers.
2. Which certification to take?
The answer to this question depends upon the interest. If one is interested in networking , then he must go for the CCNA Routing and Switching certification. For professionals CCNP is preferred. For cloud computing AWS solution architect certification is in trend. For java programming, OCJP i.e Oracle Certified Java Professional certification is recommended.
3. Cost of each certification
CCNA — 150$-250$
OCJP — 245$
AWS — 150$
3. How to Prepare for it?
There are two ways : either go for classroom teaching or online self paced learning courses are available.
Some of the good sites to prepare for CCNA are:https://www.alphaprep.net/?utm_source=affiliate_dous&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=affiliate_dous
Websites to prepare for OCJP
About the author
Currently working as Software Engineer Trainee in Financial Software Systems. Likes to write technical articles and read technical blogs. Passion for software development.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
- 7 Common Programming Principles That Every Developer Must Follow
- SOLID Principle in Programming: Understand With Real Life Examples
- Best Books to Learn Back-End Web Development
- Evolution of Foldable Smartphones
- Geek Week – Celebrate The Biggest Programming Festival With GeeksforGeeks
- Benefits of Automated Cross-Browser Testing for Online Business
- How Does Google Use Machine Learning?
- How to Become a Data Scientist in 2019: A Complete Guide
- What is Competitive Programming and How to Prepare for It?
- How to Protect Yourself From Cyber Attacks?
- 10 Famous Bugs in The Computer Science World
- Which is better, the GRE or the GATE?
- I don't like Coding. What should I do to Get a Job in IT?
- How to Transparently Overlaid Two Directories Using UnionFS in Linux?