The ToLongFunction Interface is a part of the java.util.function package which has been introduced since Java 8, to implement functional programming in Java. It represents a function which takes in an argument of type T and produces a long-valued result.
This functional interface takes in only one generic, namely:-
- T: denotes the type of the input argument to the operation
The lambda expression assigned to an object of ToLongFunction type is used to define its applyAsLong() which eventually applies the given operation on its only argument. It is similar to using an object of type Function<T, Long>.
The ToLongFunction interface has only one function:
This method accepts an argument of type T and gives a long-valued result.
long applyAsLong(T value)
Parameters: This method takes in one parameter value which is an argument of type T.
Returns: This method returns a long-valued result.
Below is the code to illustrate applyAsLong() method:
- Java | Collectors averagingLong (ToLongFunction mapper) with Examples
- Java.util.function.DoublePredicate interface in Java with Examples
- Java.util.function.IntPredicate interface in Java with Examples
- Java.util.function.LongPredicate interface in Java with Examples
- Java.util.function.BiPredicate interface in Java with Examples
- LongToDoubleFunction Interface in Java with Examples
- IntConsumer Interface in Java with Examples
- SortedSet Interface in Java with Examples
- DoubleFunction Interface in Java with Examples
- Java 8 | DoubleSupplier Interface with Examples
- Java 8 | BooleanSupplier Interface with Examples
- Java 8 | IntSupplier Interface with Examples
- Java 8 | LongSupplier Interface with Examples
- DoubleConsumer Interface in Java with Examples
- Function Interface in Java with Examples
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.