The offsetByCodePoints() method of StringBuilder class returns the index within this String contained by StringBuilder that is offset from the index passed as parameter by codePointOffset code points. Unpaired surrogates lies between index and codePointOffset count as one code point each.
public int offsetByCodePoints(int index, int codePointOffset)
Parameters: This method takes two parameters:
- index: the index to be offset
- codePointOffset: the offset in code points
Return Value: This method returns the index within this sequence.
Exception: This method throws IndexOutOfBoundsException if any one below is true:
- index < 0 or index > length of the sequence.
- codePointOffset > 0 and the subsequence starting with index has fewer than codePointOffset code points
- codePointOffset < and the subsequence before index has fewer than the absolute value of codePointOffset code points.
Below programs demonstrate the offsetByCodePoints() method of StringBuilder Class:
String = WelcomeGeeks Index = 5
String = India Is great Index = 11
Example 3: To demonstrate IndexOutOfBoundException
- StringBuffer offsetByCodePoints() method in Java with Examples
- StringBuilder trimToSize() method in Java with Examples
- StringBuilder toString() method in Java with Examples
- StringBuilder substring() method in Java with examples
- StringBuilder appendCodePoint() method in Java with Examples
- StringBuilder lastIndexOf() method in Java with Examples
- StringBuilder indexOf() method in Java with Examples
- StringBuilder append() Method in Java With Examples
- Character.offsetByCodePoints() in Java with Examples
- Matcher appendTail(StringBuilder) method in Java with Examples
- Matcher appendReplacement(StringBuilder, String) method in Java with Examples
- Character.offsetByCodePoints() Method in java
- StringBuilder delete() in Java with Examples
- StringBuilder charAt() in Java with Examples
- StringBuilder Class in Java with Examples
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.