The stable_partition( ) algorithm arranges the sequence defined by start and end such that all elements for which the predicate specified by pfn returns true come before those for which the predicate returns false. The partitioning is stable. This means that the relative ordering of the sequence is preserved.
template BiIter stable_partition(BiIter start, BiIter end, UnPred pfn);
start: the range of elements to reorder end: the range of elements to reorder pfn: User-defined predicate function object that defines the condition to be satisfied if an element is to be classified. A predicate takes single argument and returns true or false. Return Value: Returns an iterator to the beginning of the elements for which the predicate is false.
This function attempts to allocate a temporary buffer. If the allocation fails, the less efficient algorithm is chosen.
6 9 1 2 7 5 8 0 0
odd numbers: 1 3 5 7 9 even numbers: 2 4 6 8
Unpartitioned values: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Partitioned values: 10 2 8 4 6 5 7 3 9 1 Stable partitioned values: 2 4 6 8 10 1 3 5 7 9
Complexity: Exactly end-start applications of the predicate and at most (end-start)*log(end-start) swaps if there is insufficient memory or linear number of swaps if sufficient memory is available.
This article is contributed by Shivani Ghughtyal. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Program to create Custom Vector Class in C++
- std::is_trivially_copy_constructible in C/C++
- Difference between Python and C++
- tgamma() method in C/C++ with Examples
- boost::type_traits::is_array Template in C++
- boost is_pointer template in C++
- Stack of Pair in C++ STL with Examples
- Modulo Operator (%) in C/C++ with Examples
- fpclassify() method in C/C++ with Examples
- Operator Overloading '<<' and '>>' operator in a linked list class
- How to find the Entry with largest Value in a C++ Map
- Visibility Modes in C++ with Examples
- Program to implement Separate Chaining in C++ STL without the use of pointers
- Speed up Code executions with help of Pragma in C/C++
- Vector of Vectors in C++ STL with Examples