SSC CGL Previous Year Question Paper are very useful for students who are thinking of opting for SSC this year. Government jobs are becoming scarce as every year, lakhs of students aspire to become government bureaucrats and secure stable and high-paying jobs. However, only a few are able to crack the SSC CGL Exam Papers. It is essential to practice these SSC CGL Previous Papers Solutions as sample question papers compiled by GeeksforGeeks, as they can significantly enhance your marks.
Solving SSC CGL Question Paper PDF is a great way to learn about the type of questions, to do SSC CGL Paper Analysis that will be asked, the exam structure, and the difficulty level of the questions.
SSC CGL Previous Year Question Paper
SSC CGL 2023 has two tiers, which is SSC CGL Tier 1 and Tier 2 Papers. In addition to the exam format, the applicant should be aware of the kind of questions that the SSC CGL Exam Papers contains, and for this SSC CGL Previous Year Question Paper based on memory would be the ideal option to go with. GeeksforGeeks is providing you with the SSC CGL previous year’s question papers with the goal of making material easily accessible to aspirants like you:
SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Pattern
The SSC CGL Exam Pattern for Tier-1 consists of questions from the following 4 sections of academics-
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Awareness
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Comprehension
Tier-1 implements a negative marking system of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer and 2 marks for each correct answer. The total number of questions is 100 and the time limit for the same is 60 minutes. The standard of questions here will be of (10+2) level.
General Intelligence and
|A cumulative time of 60 minutes (1 hour)
SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Pattern
The SSC CGL Exam Pattern for Tier 2 consists of 3 phases – Paper 1, Paper 2 and Paper 3. Paper 1 is compulsory for all the Posts/Ranks while Paper 2 is compulsory only for Junior Statistical Officers and Paper 3 is compulsory only for the Post of Assistant Audit Officer and Assistant Account Officers.
Tier 2 also implements a negative marking system, though, slightly different from the Tier-1 Exam. Here, a negative marking of 1 mark will be implemented for each wrong answer in all the sections of the Paper 1 exam. The other Paper 2 and Paper 3 will have 0.50 negative markings for each wrong answer. The total number of questions is 150 in Paper 1 and the time limit for the same is 2 hours 30 min for the four sections.
|No. of Questions
|Module I: Reasoning and General Intelligence
|Module I: Mathematical Abilities
|Module I: English Language and Comprehension
|Module II: General Awareness
|Module I: Computer Knowledge Test
|Module II: Data Entry Test
| Data Entry task
|No. of Questions
SSC CGL Tier 2 – Paper 3 Exam Pattern ( For Assistant Audit Officers and Assistant Account Officers )
|No. of Questions
|General Studies (Finance & Economics)
SSC CGL Previous Year Question Papers – FAQs
Where can I find SSC CGL previous year question papers?
SSC CGL previous year question papers are available on the official SSC website and various educational platforms like GeeksforGeeks.
How beneficial are SSC CGL previous year papers for exam preparation?
They are crucial for understanding the exam pattern, question types, and difficulty level, aiding in effective preparation.
Can I download SSC CGL previous year papers for free?
Yes, many websites offer free downloads of SSC CGL previous year papers.
Do SSC CGL previous year papers include answer keys?
Most previous year papers come with answer keys for self-assessment.
How should I use SSC CGL previous year papers in my study plan?
Incorporate them in regular SSC CGL Practice Papers to improve speed, accuracy, and time management skills for the exam.
Is it possible that questions from SSC CGL Previous Year Question Papers will be asked again?
Yes, it’s very much possible. These questions may be asked again so it’s better to SSC CGL Practice Papers from the sample exam papers.
Is it beneficial to practice SSC CGL Previous Year Question Papers?
Yes, It is beneficial and practical to practice SSC CGL previous year papers on a regular basis as it’ll help you to understand the exam pattern and will increase your efficiency as well.
What are the required qualifications for the SSC exam?
Candidates must hold the essential educational qualification i.e., Matriculation or 10th class pass from a recognized Board/ University before applying for the GD post. A Bachelor’s degree in any field, in particular, is required to take the entrance exam. Aside from that, candidates should study Mathematics/ Statistics/ Economics as an optional or a required course.
What documents are required for the SSC CGL eligibility verification?
The appearing candidates, who are shortlisted and called for the Document Verification, must produce all the documents that prove their eligibility for the posts.
- Matriculation/ Secondary Certificate
- Educational Qualification Certificate
- Caste/ Category Certificate (if belonging to reserved categories)
- Persons with Disabilities Certificate in the required format (if applicable).
- For Ex-Servicemen (ESM)
- Serving Defense Personnel Certificate (if applicable)
- Proof of undertaking
- Discharge Certificate (if discharged from the Armed Forces)
- Relevant Certificate for the age relaxation
- Certificate for Civilian Employees by the Central Government
- No Objection Certificate (if already employed in Government/ Government undertakings)
- Any candidate, who changes his/ her name after matriculation due to marriage, remarriage or divorce, etc., must produce the following documents:
- In case of marriage of women: A photocopy of Husband’s passport showing names of spouses; or an attested copy of marriage certificate issued by the Registrar of Marriage; or an affidavit from husband and wife along with a joint photograph duly sworn before the Oath Commissioner.
- In case of re-marriage of women: Divorce Deed/ Death Certificate (as the case may be) in respect of the first spouse.
- Along with that, a photocopy of the present husband’s passport showing the names of the spouse; or an attested copy of the marriage certificate issued by the Registrar of Marriage; or an affidavit from husband and wife along with a joint photograph duly sworn before the Oath Commissioner.
- In case of divorce of women: A certified copy of Divorce Decree and Deed Poll/ Affidavit duly sworn before the Oath Commissioner.
- Change of name for both male and female candidates in other circumstances: Deed Poll/ Affidavit duly sworn before the Oath Commissioner and paper cuttings of two leading daily newspapers in original (One daily newspaper should be of the area of applicant’s permanent and present address or nearby area) and Gazette Notification.
- Any other document specified in the Admission Certificate issued for SSC CGL Document Verification.
Is it a bilingual exam?
Except for the English language test, all the other tests are conducted bilingually, i.e. English and Hindi.
The above previous year’s question papers will aid you in your banking exam preparation. Practice and be consistent with your study plan and you’ll fly high with good marks in exams.
Share your thoughts in the comments
Please Login to comment...