Given a positive number n. We need to find x such that 1*n, 2*n, 3*n…..x*n gives all 10 digits at least once. If no such x is possible print -1.
Input : n = 1692 Output : 3 Explanation: n = 1692, we got the digits- 1, 2, 6, 9 2*n = 3384, we got the digits- 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 9. 3*n = 5076, we got the digits- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. At this step we got all the digits at least once. Therefore our answer is 3. Input : 1 Output : 10 Input : 0 Output :-1
The idea used here is simple. We start from 1 and keep multiplying with n till we do not get all the 10 digits at least once. In order to keep track of all the digits coming at each iteration we use an temporary array of size 10 initially having all zeroes. Whenever we got a digit first time we will initialize its index in array with 1. When all digits are visited once, we are done.
Following is the implementation of it.
This article is contributed by Saloni Gupta. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Smallest number with given sum of digits and sum of square of digits
- Find smallest number with given number of digits and sum of digits under given constraints
- Smallest odd digits number not less than N
- Smallest Even number with N digits
- Smallest even digits number not less than N
- Smallest odd number with N digits
- Smallest number whose square has N digits
- Smallest multiple of N formed using the given set of digits
- Smallest multiple of 3 which consists of three given non-zero digits
- Smallest and Largest Palindrome with N Digits
- Smallest number with at least n digits in factorial
- Smallest number whose sum of digits is square of N
- Smallest number with sum of digits as N and divisible by 10^N
- Find the kth smallest number with sum of digits as m
- Find the smallest number whose sum of digits is N
- Find smallest number with given number of digits and sum of digits
- Smallest number greater than or equal to N using only digits 1 to K
- Index of smallest triangular number with N digits
- Smallest number containing all possible N length permutations using digits 0 to D
- Smallest number k such that the product of digits of k is equal to n