short notes on report writing software
Definition of Report: A business report is a document that conveys specific information about your business to other individuals those can be investors, employees, managers or other superior.
Report Writing Software:It consist of programs that produce both periodic reports and special reports.
- Periodic Reports:They are routine reports on a scheduled time(periodically). These reports are issued weekly, quarterly, or annually. For example, feedback.
- Specific Reports: They are type of unscheduled report that may be requested by managers.
Steps of writing a Report:
- Define the problem.
- Gather the necessary information.
- Analyse the information.
- Organize the information.
- Write report.
Principles of writing a Report:
- One should highlight the important information- managers should not have to waste their time searching the information they need.
- Report should be as simple as possible- should be in simple format, consistency of language should be maintained, free from jargon etc.
- Backup detail should be available.
- Graphic Form: Used when the information is not quantitative or an overview is needed, pictures can be used.
- Tabular Form: Frequently used, which tabulates the production figures of one department.
- Narrative Form: Used when the information is subjective and quantitative.
Management by Exception:
- Prepare the report only when exceptions occur: These report printed only when employees work overtime, each entry on the report is an exception.
- By showing variance from normal: Here the reports contain the details of the comparisons of the actual activity with the planned activity.
- Grouping the exception together: The exceptions of special interest for the manager can be grouped and highlighted for quick attention.
- Highlighting exception by maintaining a certain sequence: It is possible to sort report records into either in an ascending or descending sequence based on one or more key fields.
Importance of writing a Report:
- Providing a deeper insight.
- Highlights the specific problem of a business.
- Help adopt right marketing strategy.
- Helps in decision making and problem solving.
Master Software Testing and Automation in an efficient and time-bound manner by mentors with real-time industry experience. Join our Software Automation Course
and embark on an exciting journey, mastering the skill set with ease!
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive Software Automation program
- Expert Guidance for Efficient Learning
- Hands-on Experience with Real-world Projects
- Proven Track Record with 10,000+ Successful Geeks