We are given n arrays of any size which may have common elements, we need to combine all these arrays in such a way that each element should occurs only once and elements should be in sorted order?
Input : arr = [[1, 2, 2, 4, 3, 6], [5, 1, 3, 4], [9, 5, 7, 1], [2, 4, 1, 3]] Output : [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9]
A simple solution for this problem is to create a empty hash and traverse each array one by one, this hash contains frequency of each element in list of arrays. Now traverse hash from start and print each index which has non zero value.
Here we solve this problem in python very quickly using properties of Set() data structure and Update() method in python.
How does Update() method works for set ?
anySet.update(iterable), this method does union of set named as anySet with any given iterable and it does not return any shallow copy of set like union() method, it updates the result into prefix set i.e; anySet.
[1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9]
This article is contributed by Shashank Mishra (Gullu). If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Union and Intersection of two sorted arrays
- Find Union and Intersection of two unsorted arrays
- Python Set | update()
- Union() function in Python
- Python | Union of two or more Lists
- Python - Union of Tuples
- Python | Union of Value Lists
- Python | Records Union
- Python | Pandas TimedeltaIndex.union()
- Python | Union Operation in two Strings
- Python | Pandas Index.union()
- Python MySQL - Update Query
- Python: Update Nested Dictionary
- How to update data in a Collection using Python?
- Python | Pandas Series.update()
- Python Dictionary | update() method
- Python | Even values update in dictionary
- Python - Variable Operations Dictionary update
- Python | Update each element in tuple list
- MongoDB Python | Insert and Update Data