- Design a File System. The interviewer was looking more for the data structures I would use, if I have to build my own File System.
- Design a Text Editor. Again a DS + Design question. So need to explore various features of a Text editor and best approach to address them all.
- If that text editor is on Cloud (Something like Google Docs), how would you manage Concurrent scenarios, when multiple users are operating at the same time.
- Design an Authentication system for a multi-tenant environment. Started out simple, and increased the scope and complexity in terms of scalability.
- Design a server without using 3rd party tools like tomcat etc.
- Coin Combination problem (Dynamic Programming).
- Some questions on applications of Queues and Microservices.
- Design a Chess Game. It’s an OOAD question.
- Design an approach for Amazon Flash Sale. How to deal with Contention in a Scalable and Concurrent Environment.
Round 4 (Hiring Manager round having Lunch):
- Some basic questions on DB design, as I told I don’t have much of an experience in that area.
Round 5 (HackerRank Coding round):
- Design a command line which can operation various commands over a file system like: mkdir, touch, cd, cd.., ls etc.
I felt, Interviewers are mostly looking for how clearly you think about the problem, ask right questions and break it into smaller problems. As everyone knows, there is no right answer, there can only be a relatively better approach.
All the Best!
- Salesforce Interview Experience | Set 1 (For SDE-1)
- SalesForce Interview Experience for internship
- Salesforce Interview Experience | Set 3 (On-Campus)
- Salesforce Interview Experience | On-Campus for FTE
- Salesforce Interview Experience | Set 5 (On-Campus)
- Salesforce Interview Experience | On-Campus
- Salesforce Interview Experience (On-Campus Aug. 2018)
- Salesforce Interview Experience | Set 6 (Off-Campus for Associate Member of Technical Staff)
- Goldman Sachs Interview Experience | Set 23 (2+ years Experience for Java Developer Role)
- Microsoft Interview Experience (Full Time 2018 Washington DC - with 2.5 years of experience)
- Arcesium Interview Experience | Set 5 (3+ years experience - Developer profile)
- Brocade Interview Experience | Set 2 (For Software Engineer 0-2.5 Years Experience)
- Goldman Sachs Interview Experience | Set 39 (1.5 years experience)
- Walmart Lab Interview Experience | Set 8 (Off-Campus 3 Years Experience)
- Walmart Lab Interview Experience | Set 7 (Off-Campus 3 Years Experience)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.