Given a Binary Tree, find count of distinct nodes in a root to leaf path with maximum distinct nodes.
Input : 1 / \ 2 3 / \ / \ 4 5 6 3 \ \ 8 9 Output : 4 The root to leaf path with maximum distinct nodes is 1-3-6-8.
A simple solution is to explore all root to leaf paths. In every root to leaf path, count distinct nodes and finally return the maximum count.
An efficient solution is to use hashing. We recursively traverse the tree and maintain count of distinct nodes on path from root to current node. We recur for left and right subtrees and finally return maximum of two values.
Below is implementation of above idea
Time Complexity :O(n)
This article is contributed by Nishant Singh. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Sum of nodes on the longest path from root to leaf node
- Find the maximum sum leaf to root path in a Binary Tree
- Implementing a BST where every node stores the maximum number of nodes in the path till any leaf
- Find if there is a pair in root to a leaf path with sum equals to root's data
- GCD from root to leaf path in an N-ary tree
- Root to leaf path sum equal to a given number
- Check if there is a root to leaf path with given sequence
- Shortest root to leaf path sum equal to a given number
- Root to leaf path product equal to a given number
- Find all root to leaf path sum of a Binary Tree
- Print the longest path from root to leaf in a Binary tree
- Print the first shortest root to leaf path in a Binary Tree
- Boundary Root to Leaf Path traversal of a Binary Tree
- Maximize count of set bits in a root to leaf path in a binary tree
- Remove nodes on root to leaf paths of length < K
- Count of Root to Leaf Paths consisting of at most M consecutive Nodes having value K
- Print the path common to the two paths from the root to the two given nodes
- Sum of Nodes and respective Neighbors on the path from root to a vertex V
- Find maximum GCD value from root to leaf in a Binary tree
- Maximum value of Bitwise AND from root to leaf in a Binary tree
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.