Given multiple files in a directory having different names, the task is to rename all those files in sorted order.
We can use OS module in order to do this operation. The OS module in python provides functions for interacting with the operating system and provides a portable way of using operating system dependent functionality. We can go to the current working directory using
os.getcwd() method and rename the files with
Below is the Python implementation :
- Check if directory contains file using python
- Delete a directory or file using Python
- Python: Check if a File or Directory Exists
- Python - Check if a file or directory exists
- Python | os.rename() method
- Python | Pandas Dataframe.rename()
- Python | Pandas Series.rename()
- Python | Pandas TimedeltaIndex.rename
- Rename multiple files using Python
- Python | Pandas TimedeltaIndex.names
- Python | Pandas MultiIndex.names
- Python | Change column names and row indexes in Pandas DataFrame
- Create a directory in Python
- Python program to reverse the content of a file and store it in another file
- Directory traversal tools in Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : Shivam_k