Given multiple files in a directory having different names, the task is to rename all those files in sorted order.
We can use OS module in order to do this operation. The OS module in python provides functions for interacting with the operating system and provides a portable way of using operating system dependent functionality. We can go to the current working directory using
os.getcwd() method and rename the files with
Below is the Python implementation :
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Delete a directory or file using Python
- Finding the largest file in a directory using Python
- Get the Names of all Collections using PyMongo
- Rename multiple files using Python
- Python - Check if a file or directory exists
- Python: Check if a File or Directory Exists
- Change your way to put logic in your code - Python
- Rename a folder of images using Tkinter
- Get the city, state, and country names from latitude and longitude using Python
- Create a GUI to find the IP for Domain names using Python
- PyQt5 QSpinBox - Getting all the properties names
- PyQt5 QCalendarWidget - Getting all the Property names
- Python | Pandas Dataframe.rename()
- Python | Pandas TimedeltaIndex.rename
- Python | Pandas Series.rename()
- Python | os.rename() method
- Python MongoDB- rename()
- How to rename columns in Pandas DataFrame
- Rename specific column(s) in Pandas
- Python | Change column names and row indexes in Pandas DataFrame
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : Shivam_k