Given an integer N which shows the size of the string and in the next line given a string which contains a string of character with only zero and one. The task is to remove a single character each time that comes in between the two zero characters.
During each turn, only one character from the string will be removed that satisfies the following condition :
- It must be surrounded by zeroes on both sides.
Input : str = "1001 Output : str = "1001" Input : str = "10101 Output : str = "1001"
Use a loop from 1 to N – 1 and check if any element lies between two zeros such that s[i – 1] = ‘0’ and s[i + 1] = ‘0’. If the condition is satisfied then, delete the character at that position, ad start searching for patterns again.
Time Complexity : O(N), where N is the size of input string.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Modify string by removing vowels in between two consonants
- Remove Trailing Zeros From string in C++
- Remove Leading Zeros From String in Java
- Maximum difference of zeros and ones in binary string
- Python | Remove leading zeros from an IP address
- Maximum difference of zeros and ones in binary string | Set 2 (O(n) time)
- Count binary strings with twice zeros in first half
- Maximum number of strings that can be formed with given zeros and ones
- Count ways to split a Binary String into three substrings having equal count of zeros
- Remove leading zeros from a Number given as a string
- Build Lowest Number by Removing n digits from a given number
- Removing spaces from a string using Stringstream
- Find longest palindrome formed by removing or shuffling chars from string
- Character replacement after removing duplicates from a string
- Removing punctuations from a given string
- Ways of transforming one string to other by removing 0 or more characters
- Sentence Palindrome (Palindrome after removing spaces, dots, .. etc)
- Subsequence queries after removing substrings
- Removing row or column wise duplicates from matrix of characters
- Java | Removing whitespaces using Regex
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.