Given a string of lowercase letters, reduce it by removing the characters which appears more than k times in the string.
Input : str = "geeksforgeeks" k = 2 Output : for Input : str = "geeksforgeeks" k = 3 Output : gksforgks
- Create a hash table of 26 indexes, where 0th index represent ‘a’ and 1th index represent ‘b’ and so on. Initialise the hash table to zero.
- Iterate through the string and count increment the frequency the str[i] character in the hash table.
- Now once again traverse through the string and append those characters in the new string whose frequency in the hash table is less than k and skip those which appears more than equal to k.
Time Complexity – O(N)
Below is the implementation of above approach:
- Remove characters from string that appears strictly less than K times
- Remove elements from the array which appear more than k times
- Remove elements that appear strictly less than k times
- Largest sub-string where all the characters appear at least K times
- Count distinct substrings that contain some characters at most k times
- Remove even frequency characters from the string
- Remove all characters other than alphabets from string
- Remove first adjacent pairs of similar characters until possible
- Minimum characters to be replaced to remove the given substring
- Remove all non-alphabetical characters of a String in Java
- Number of ways to remove a sub-string from S such that all remaining characters are same
- Remove minimum number of characters so that two strings become anagram
- Remove characters from a numeric string such that string becomes divisible by 8
- Remove characters from the first string which are present in the second string
- Count pairs (p, q) such that p occurs in array at least q times and q occurs at least p times
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.