Automation Anywhere Enterprise, caters to organizations that are looking to deploy a digital workforce composed of software bots that complete business processes end-to-end. Automation Anywhere Enterprise combines traditional Robotic Process Automation (RPA) with cognitive elements such as natural language processing and reading unstructured data.
Step 1: Log in to automation anywhere community edition using this link.
Step 2: From the home page click on Create a bot and in the pop-up name the bot as Reading Data from Excel and click on Create and Edit.
Step 3: Now you could see the labels as Variables, Actions, Triggers as a drop-down menu. Click on Actions.
Step 4: Notice that all the actions available under this label are alphabetically ordered. Explore them and click on Excel advanced and drag Open option as shown in the picture below.
Step 5: Set the session name as Session 1 (remember the session name as we have to use the same name later). Under the File path click on Desktop File and select an excel file from your pc and check the ‘specify sheet name’ and provide sheet name(Sheet1) correctly and click on apply at the right corner of the dialogue box.
Step 6: Search for Loop option in actions and drag it such that it is placed under Excel advanced: Open option, after performing this step flow should look like the picture below.
- Click on loop option to edit and under iterator click on excel advanced ->For each row in the worksheet
- Set the session name as Session 1(same name as in step-1)
- Under loop through the set the value as all rows
- Under Assign the current value to this variable click on the icon as shown below
- After clicking on the icon as shown, set the name as Record and click on create & select, now click on Apply.
Step 7: Search for message box in actions and place in under the loop box only, now click on the message box to edit, under Enter the message to display click on the icon as shown below.
- After clicking on an icon, from the drop-down menu of variables under user-defined select Record – Record and specify the index number to get the data and click on Yes, insert.
- Repeat the process to get the multiple indexed(column-wise in excel) values and click on apply.
- Click on Excel advanced: Close and edit the session name as Session 1 (same as in previous steps) and click on apply.
- Click on save on top right corner to save our entire session and click on run to run our bot.
- Browser Automation Using Selenium
- Reading and Writing data to excel file using Apache POI
- Gradle Build Tool I Modern Open Source Build Automation
- Introduction to Apache Maven | A build automation tool for Java projects
- Future of home automation
- Automation Tools for Testing Android Applications
- Reading selected webpage content using Python Web Scraping
- Reading and Generating QR codes in Python using QRtools
- Reading a CSV file in Java using OpenCSV
- Difference between Data Scientist, Data Engineer, Data Analyst
- Types of Sources of Data in Data Mining
- Difference between a Data Analyst and a Data Scientist
- How Big Data Artificial Intelligence is Changing the Face of Traditional Big Data?
- Does Dark Data Have Any Worth In The Big Data World?
- Why Data Visualization Matters in Data Analytics?
- Difference Between Data Science and Data Mining
- Difference Between Big Data and Data Science
- Difference Between Big Data and Data Mining
- Difference Between Data Mining and Data Visualization
- Difference between Data Lake and Data Warehouse
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.