Queue in STL are a type of container adaptors which operate in a first in first out (FIFO) type of arrangement where elements are inserted at the back (end) and are deleted from the front. Queue of pair can be very efficient in designing complex data structures. The first element is referenced as ‘first’ and the second element as ‘second’ and the order is fixed (first, second).
Queue<pair<datatype, datatype>> queue_of_pair;
Below is an example to show the Queue of Pairs:
Queue of Pairs: (10, 20) (15, 5) (1, 5) (5, 10) (7, 9) Size of Queue of Pairs: 5 Front of Queue of Pairs: (10, 20) Back of Queue of Pairs: (7, 9) Removing the Front pair Current Queue of Pairs: (15, 5) (1, 5) (5, 10) (7, 9)
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Priority queue of pairs in C++ (Ordered by first)
- Priority queue of pairs in C++ with ordering by first and second element
- Priority Queue of Vectors in C++ STL with Examples
- Check if a queue can be sorted into another queue using a stack
- Stack and Queue in Python using queue Module
- queue::front() and queue::back() in C++ STL
- queue::empty() and queue::size() in C++ STL
- queue::push() and queue::pop() in C++ STL
- Reversing a Queue using another Queue
- queue::emplace() in C++ STL
- Queue in Python
- queue::swap() in C++ STL
- Queue using Stacks
- Reversing a Queue
- Reversing the first K elements of a Queue
- Priority Queue in Python
- Queue Interface In Java
- Sharing a queue among three threads
- Priority Queue | Set 1 (Introduction)
- Reverse a path in BST using queue
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.