When the quantiles of two variables are plotted against each other, then the plot obtained is known as quantile – quantile plot or qqplot. This plot provides a summary of whether the distributions of two variables are similar or not with respect to the locations.
- All point of quantiles lie on or close to straight line at an angle of 45 degree from x – axis. It indicates that two samples have similar distributions.
And in practice it is always not possible to get such a 100 percent clear straight line but the plot looks like below. Here the points are lying nearly on the straight line.
- The y – quantiles are lower than the x – quantiles. It indicates y values have a tendency to be lower than x values.
And in practice it is not always possible to get 100 percent as shown above but the plot looks as shown below. Here you can see that most of the points are lying below the line and few points are above the line. Hence we can say that the distributions are not the same.
- The x – quantiles are lower than the y – quantiles. It indicates x values have a tendency to be lower than the y values.
- Indicates that there is a breakpoint up to which the y – quantiles are lower than the x – quantiles and after that point the y – quantiles are higher than the x – quantiles.
Quantile – Quantile plot using
statsmodel in Python –
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- PyQtGraph - Getting Plot Item from Plot Window
- Python Code for time Complexity plot of Heap Sort
- Python | Pandas Dataframe.plot.bar
- Python | Pandas Series.plot() method
- Matplotlib.axes.Axes.plot() in Python
- Make a violin plot in Python using Matplotlib
- Plot the magnitude spectrum in Python using Matplotlib
- Plot the phase spectrum in Python using Matplotlib
- Plot Mathematical Expressions in Python using Matplotlib
- Plot the power spectral density using Matplotlib - Python
- Contour Plot using Matplotlib - Python
- Box Plot in Python using Matplotlib
- Python IMDbPY – Getting plot outline of the series
- Python IMDbPY – Getting plot of the series
- Plot a pie chart in Python using Matplotlib
- Simple Plot in Python using Matplotlib
- Plot 2-D Histogram in Python using Matplotlib
- Tri-Surface Plot in Python using Matplotlib
- How to plot the coherence between two signals in Python?
- Plot a quadrilateral mesh in Python using Matplotlib
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.