Sometimes, while working with Python list, we can have a data set that consists of tuples and we have a problem in which we need to search the element in Nth column of list. This has it’s applications in web development domain. Let’s discuss certain ways in which this task can be performed.
Method : Using
enumerate() + list comprehension
In this technique we use the power of enumerate() to access index and value in single iteration and then with the help of list comprehension we frame a conditional statement in which we check for the valid value in given column.
The original list : [('gfg', 1, 9), ('is', 5, 10), (8, 'best', 13)] Row of desired element is : 
- Python | Linear search on list or tuples
- Python | Remove duplicate tuples from list of tuples
- Python | Remove tuples from list of tuples if greater than n
- Python | Convert string tuples to list tuples
- Python | Find the tuples containing the given element from a list of tuples
- Python | Count tuples occurrence in list of tuples
- Python | Remove tuples having duplicate first value from given list of tuples
- Python | Column summation of tuples
- Python | Convert Lists to column tuples
- Python | Combining tuples in list of tuples
- Python program to create a list of tuples from given list having number and its cube in each tuple
- Python | Search in Nth Column of Matrix
- Python | Convert list of strings to list of tuples
- Python | Convert list of tuples to list of strings
- Python | Convert list of tuples to list of list
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.