Sometimes, while working with Python list, we can have a data set that consists of tuples and we have a problem in which we need to search the element in Nth column of list. This has it’s applications in web development domain. Let’s discuss certain ways in which this task can be performed.
Method : Using
enumerate() + list comprehension
In this technique we use the power of enumerate() to access index and value in single iteration and then with the help of list comprehension we frame a conditional statement in which we check for the valid value in given column.
The original list : [('gfg', 1, 9), ('is', 5, 10), (8, 'best', 13)] Row of desired element is : 
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Python | Remove duplicate tuples from list of tuples
- Python | Find the tuples containing the given element from a list of tuples
- Python | Remove tuples from list of tuples if greater than n
- Python | Remove tuples having duplicate first value from given list of tuples
- Python | Count tuples occurrence in list of tuples
- Python | Combining tuples in list of tuples
- Python | Convert string tuples to list tuples
- Python - Filter all uppercase characters Tuples from given list of tuples
- Python program to find Tuples with positive elements in List of tuples
- Python program to find tuples which have all elements divisible by K from a list of tuples
- Python | How to Concatenate tuples to nested tuples
- Python | Accessing nth element from tuples in list
- Python | Search in Nth Column of Matrix
- Python | Convert list of tuples to list of list
- Python | Linear search on list or tuples
- Python | Column summation of tuples
- Python | Convert Lists to column tuples
- Python - Mutiple Column Sort in Tuples
- Python - Column Mapped Tuples to dictionary items
- Python - Get maximum of Nth column from tuple list
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.