Given a list of lists, write a Python program to remove sublists from the given list of lists that are present in another sublist.
Input : [['a', 'b', 'c'], ['a', 'c'], ['a', 'b', 'c'], ['d']] Output : [['a', 'b', 'c'], ['d']] Input : [, [1, 2], [1, 2, 3], , [0, 1]] Output : [[1, 2, 3], [0, 1]]
Approach #1 : Using Python Set (If order of list doesn’t matter)
This approach makes use of Python sets. Create two empty lists ‘curr_res’ to store current sublist and ‘result’ to store the finalized sublists. Convert the sub-lists in the given list of lists to sets and sort them by length in reverse order, so that you can iterate through them and add each set to the curr_res only if it is not a subset of any of the existing sets in the curr_res.
The only drawback of this approach is that it may produce the result in an unordered way(Since sets are unordered).
[['c', 'b', 'a'], ['d']]
Approach #2 : Using Python Dictionary (If order of list matters)
Dict may not always produce ordered output, therefore you can use OrderedDict from collections module.
[['a', 'b', 'c'], ['d']]
- Python - Group Sublists by another List
- Python | Remove all sublists outside the given range
- Python | Remove repeated sublists from given list
- Python | Merge elements of sublists
- Python | Print the common elements in all sublists
- Python | Swapping sublists over given range
- Python | Sort all sublists in given list of strings
- Python | Merge corresponding sublists from two different lists
- Python | Sort list of lists by the size of sublists
- Python | Count the sublists containing given element in a list
- Python | Count unique sublists within list
- Python | Split a list into sublists of given lengths
- Python | Adding value to sublists
- Python | Add the occurrence of each number as sublists
- Python | Split list of strings into sublists based on length
- Print all sublists of a list in Python
- Python | Sort a list according to the second element in sublist
- Python | Shift sublist in list
- Python | Find maximum value in each sublist
- Python | Maximum Sum Sublist