Given a list of numbers, the task is to write a Python program to find the smallest number in given list.
Input : list1 = [10, 20, 4] Output : 4 Input : list2 = [20, 10, 20, 1, 100] Output : 1
Method 1 : Sort the list in ascending order and print the first element in the list.
smallest element is: 4
Method 2 : Using min() method
Smallest element is: 1
Method 3 : Find min list element on inputs provided by user
Enter number of elements in list: 4 Enter elements: 12 Enter elements: 19 Enter elements: 11 Enter elements: 99 Smallest element is: 11
- Python program to find second largest number in a list
- Python program to find largest number in a list
- Python program to find number of m contiguous elements of a List with a given sum
- Python Program for Smallest K digit number divisible by X
- Python program to create a list of tuples from given list having number and its cube in each tuple
- Python program to find Cumulative sum of a list
- Python program to find sum of elements in list
- Python program to find N largest elements from a list
- Python program to find all Strong Numbers in given list
- Python program to find middle of a linked list using one traversal
- Python program to find sum of absolute difference between all pairs in a list
- Python | Find closest number to k in given list
- Python Program to Find the Number Occurring Odd Number of Times
- Python Program for Find sum of odd factors of a number
- Python Program for Find sum of even factors of a number
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.