There are 2 sorted arrays A and B of size n each. Write an algorithm to find the median of the array obtained merging the above 2 arrays(i.e. array of length 2n). The complexity should be O(log(n)).
Note : Since size of the set for which we are looking for median is even (2n), we need take average of middle two numbers and return floor of the average.
Method 1 (Simply count while Merging)
Use merge procedure of merge sort. Keep track of count while comparing elements of two arrays. If count becomes n(For 2n elements), we have reached the median. Take the average of the elements at indexes n-1 and n in the merged array. See the below implementation.
Median is 16.0
Method 2 (By comparing the medians of two arrays) : This method works by first getting medians of the two sorted arrays and then comparing them.
Please refer complete article on Median of two sorted arrays of same size for more details!
- Python Program for Find the closest pair from two sorted arrays
- Find Median of List in Python
- Python | Mathematical Median of Cumulative Records
- Python - Sort Matrix by Row Median
- median() function in Python statistics module
- Python program to find if two IP Address belongs to Same or Different Network
- Python | Combining two sorted lists
- Python | Make pair from two list such that elements are not same in pairs
- Python | Combine the values of two dictionaries having same key
- Python | Find mismatch item on same index in two list
- Python | Check whether two lists follow same pattern or not
- Python | Shuffle two lists with same order
- Python - Filter unequal elements of two lists corresponding same index
- Python program to insert an element into sorted list
- Python program to find birthdate on the same day you were born
- Python program to check whether the values of a dictionary are in same order as in a list
- Python Program for Maximum size square sub-matrix with all 1s
- Python program to get all subsets of given size of a set
- Python Program to print a number diamond of any given size N in Rangoli Style
- Python | Find missing numbers in a sorted list range