Sometimes, we need to find the specific problem of getting the pair which yields the maximum product, this can be computed by getting initial two elements after sorting. But in some case, we don’t with to change the ordering of list and perform some operation in the similar list without using extra space. Let’s discuss certain ways in which this can be performed.
Method #1 : Using list comprehension +
max() + combination() + lambda
This particular task can be performed using the combination of above functions in which we use list comprehension to bind all the functionalities and max function to get the maximum prod, combination function finds all prods internally and lambda function is used to compute the product.
The original list : [3, 4, 1, 7, 9, 1] The maximum product pair is : (7, 9)
Method #2 : Using list comprehension +
nlargest() + combination() + lambda
This method has potential of not only finding a single maximum but also k maximum product pairs if required and uses nlargest function instead of max function to achieve this functionality.
The original list : [3, 4, 1, 7, 9, 8] The maximum product pair is : [(9, 8), (7, 9)]
- Python | Pair Product combinations
- Python - Minimum Product Pair in List
- Python | Matrix Tuple pair Column product
- Python - Maximum Quotient Pair in List
- Python | Find Maximum difference pair
- Python - Maximum Pair Summation in numeric String
- Python - Maximum of Consecutive Pair in integer list
- Python - Row with Maximum Product
- Python | Consecutive element maximum product
- Add a key:value pair to dictionary in Python
- Python | Pair iteration in list
- Python | Consecutive Pair Minimums
- Python | Get random dictionary pair
- Python - Get minimum difference in Tuple pair
- Python - Find Minimum Pair Sum in list
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.