Sometimes, we need to find the specific problem of getting the pair which yields the maximum difference, this can be solved by sorting and getting the first and last elements of the list. But in some case, we don’t with to change the ordering of list and perform some operation in a similar list without using extra space. Let’s discuss certain ways in which this can be performed.
Method #1 : Using list comprehension +
combination() + lambda
This particular task can be performed using the combination of above functions in which we use list comprehension to bind all the functionalities and max function to get the maximum difference, combination function finds all differences internally and lambda function is used to compute the difference.
The original list : [3, 4, 1, 7, 9, 1] The maximum difference pair is : (1, 9)
Method #2 : Using list comprehension +
combination() + lambda
This method has potential of not only finding a single maximum but also k maximum difference pairs if required and uses nlargest function instead of max function to achieve this functionality.
The original list : [3, 4, 1, 7, 9, 8] The maximum difference pair is : [(1, 9), (1, 8)]
- Python | Find Maximum difference between tuple pairs
- Python - Get minimum difference in Tuple pair
- Python - Pair with Maximum product
- Python - Maximum Quotient Pair in List
- Python - Maximum Pair Summation in numeric String
- Python - Maximum of Consecutive Pair in integer list
- Python - Find Minimum Pair Sum in list
- Python List Comprehension to find pair with given sum from two arrays
- Python Program for Find the closest pair from two sorted arrays
- Python | Maximum Difference in String
- Python | Consecutive Character Maximum difference
- Python | Find all distinct pairs with difference equal to k
- Python program to find sum of absolute difference between all pairs in a list
- Python Set difference to find lost element from a duplicated array
- Python | Find maximum value in each sublist
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.