Given lists in a list, find the maximum sum of elements of list in a list of lists.
Input : [[1, 2, 3], [4, 5, 6], [10, 11, 12], [7, 8, 9]] Output : 33 Explanation: sum of all lists in the given list of lists are: list1 = 6, list2 = 15, list3 = 33, list4 = 24 so the maximum among these is of Input : [[3, 4, 5], [1, 2, 3], [0, 9, 0]] Output : 12
Method 1 : Traversal of list in lists
We can traverse in the lists inside the list and sum up all the elements in a given list and by max function get the maximum of sum of all elements in lists of list.
Method 2 : Traversal of list
Traverse in the outer list only, and sum all elements in the inner lists by using sum() function, find the sum of all the lists and get the maximum of all the sum calculated.
Method 3 : Sum and Max function
The above syntax of max() function allows us to find the sum of list in list using the key=sum. max(list1, key=sum), this finds the list with maximum sum of elements and then sum(max(list1, key=sum)) returns us the sum of that list.
- Python | Sorting list of lists with similar list elements
- Python | Merge List with common elements in a List of Lists
- Python | Get positive elements from given list of lists
- Python | Uncommon elements in Lists of List
- Python | Find common elements in list of lists
- Python | Convert column to separate elements in list of lists
- Python program to apply itertools.product to elements of a list of lists
- Python | Check if a list exists in given list of lists
- Python | Ways to sum list of lists and return sum list
- Python - Convert Key-Value list Dictionary to List of Lists
- Python | Convert List of lists to list of Strings
- Python - Convert List of Dictionaries to List of Lists
- Python | Convert list into list of lists
- Python | Program to count number of lists in a list of lists
- Python | Find maximum length sub-list in a nested list