Python’s Itertool is a module that provides various functions that work on iterators to produce complex iterators. This module works as a fast, memory-efficient tool that is used either by themselves or in combination to form iterator algebra.
Note: For more information, refer to Python Itertools
The functions under itertools can be classified into 3 categories
- Functions producing Infinite Iterators
- Functions producing Iterators terminating on the shortest input sequence
- Functions producing Combinatoric generators
chain.from_iterable() comes under the category of terminating iterators. This function takes a single iterable as an argument and all the elements of the input iterable should also be iterable and it returns a flattened iterable containing all the elements of the input iterable.
Syntax : chain.from_iterable(iterable)
[‘g’, ‘e’, ‘e’, ‘k’, ‘s’, ‘f’, ‘o’, ‘r’, ‘g’, ‘e’, ‘e’, ‘k’, ‘s’]
[‘g’, ‘e’, ‘e’, ‘k’, ‘s’, ‘f’, ‘o’, ‘r’, ‘g’, ‘e’, ‘e’, ‘k’, ‘s’, ‘w’, ‘i’, ‘n’, ‘s’]
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Important differences between Python 2.x and Python 3.x with examples
- Python | Set 4 (Dictionary, Keywords in Python)
- Python | Sort Python Dictionaries by Key or Value
- Python | Merge Python key values to list
- Reading Python File-Like Objects from C | Python
- Python | Add Logging to a Python Script
- Python | Add Logging to Python Libraries
- Python | Visualizing O(n) using Python
- Python | Index of Non-Zero elements in Python list
- Python | Convert list to Python array
- MySQL-Connector-Python module in Python
- Python - Read blob object in python using wand library
- Python | PRAW - Python Reddit API Wrapper
- twitter-text-python (ttp) module - Python
- Reusable piece of python functionality for wrapping arbitrary blocks of code : Python Context Managers
- Python program to check if the list contains three consecutive common numbers in Python
- Creating and updating PowerPoint Presentations in Python using python - pptx
- How to write an empty function in Python - pass statement?
- Operator Functions in Python | Set 2
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.