Inverse Number Theoretic Transform is a Fast Fourier transform theorem generalization. It is obtained by the replacement of e^(-2piik/N) with an nth primitive unity root. So this means, instead of the complex numbers C, use transform over the quotient ring Z/pZ. The theory is based on and uses the concepts of finite fields and number theory.
Inverse Number Theoretic Transform modulus needs to be prime necessarily. But if it is prime, it makes things simpler. One can perform the Inverse NTT with a composite modulus. For modulus :
- nth root of unity existence
- multiplicative inverse of n
A number-theoretic transform is basically a Fourier transform. Also, suppose that a Normal Discrete Fourier Transform is given and it can be done in matrix form by multiplying the data with a Fourier Matrix. Let us suppose N = 4. Then, the matrix can be –
[ 1 1 1 1 ] [ 1 w w^2 w^3 ] [ 1 w^2 w^4 w^6 ] [ 1 w^3 w^6 w^9 ]
sympy.discrete.transforms.intt( ) :
It can Inverse Number Theoretic Transform (NTT) of the sequence. It specializes over the Discrete Fourier Transform (DFT) quotient ring with Z/pZ for prime number instead of acomplex numbers.
Automatically the sequence is padded with zero to the right because the radix-2 FFT requires the sample point number as a power of 2.
Parameters : -> seq : [iterable] sequence on which DFT is to be applied. -> prime no. : [Integer] prime modulus for INTT to perform on. Returns : Number Theoretic Transform
Example #1 :
Inverse NTT : [600, 357, 183, 413]
Example #2 :
Inverse NTT : [355, 710, 557, 69]
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Python | Number Theoretic Transformation
- Python | Inverse Fast Walsh Hadamard Transformation
- Python | Inverse Fast Fourier Transformation
- Negative transformation of an image using Python and OpenCV
- Python | Fast Fourier Transformation
- Python | Intensity Transformation Operations on Images
- Perspective Transformation - Python OpenCV
- Log transformation of an image using Python and OpenCV
- Python OpenCV - Affine Transformation
- Box-Cox Transformation using Python
- NLP | Chunk Tree to Text and Chaining Chunk Transformation
- Inverse Gamma Distribution in Python
- Python | Inverse Sorting String
- Python - Inverse Weibull Distribution in Statistics
- Python - Inverse Gaussian Distribution in Statistics
- Python - Normal Inverse Gaussian Distribution in Statistics
- Python - Reciprocal Inverse Gaussian Distribution in Statistics
- Python - Inverse Dictionary Values List
- How to inverse a matrix using NumPy
- Compute the inverse of a matrix using NumPy
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.