In this article we will see how we can retrieve the data of person using its person ID, person id is the unique id given to each person by IMDb. We can use
search_person method to search the persons by their name but it gives many people as they have same names therefore retrieving a person by its id is a better option.
In order to search a person by its id we use
Syntax : imdb_object.get_person(id)
Argument : It takes string as argument which is person id
Return : It returns imdb Person object.
Below is the implementation.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Python IMDbPY – Retrieving company using company ID
- Python IMDbPY - Retrieving movie using movie ID
- Python IMDbPY – Retrieving art department cast from the movie object
- Python IMDbPY - Retrieving actor from the movie details
- Python IMDbPY - Retrieving role played by actor from the movie details
- Python IMDbPY – Person info set
- Python IMDbPY – Default info of Person object
- Python IMDbPY – Searching a person
- Python IMDbPY – Getting Person name from searched name
- Python IMDbPY – Getting person ID from searched persons
- Python IMDbPY – Info set to keys of Person object
- Python IMDbPY – Getting birth date of person
- Python IMDbPY - Checking if person is part of movie or not
- Python IMDbPY - Getting birth place of person
- Python IMDbPY - Getting IMDb index of person
- Python IMDbPY - Getting alternate names of person
- Python IMDbPY – Getting role of person in the movie
- Python IMDbPY - Getting image(head-shot) of person
- Python IMDbPY – Person Information in XML format
- Retrieving File Data From HDFS using Python Snakebite
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.