Many times we have problems involving and revolving around Python grouping. Sometimes, we might have a specific problem in which we require to split and group N element list on missing elements. Let’s discuss a way in which this task can be performed.
Method : Using
itemgetter() + map() + lambda() + groupby()
This task can be performed using the combination of above functions in which we can group the elements in breaks calculated using lambda function by finding difference between the index and value in list. The
map() is used to combine the logic and itemgetter ensures the grouping is on value. Works with Python2 only.
The original list is : [1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 11] Grouping of elements at breaks : [[1, 2], [4, 5, 6], [8, 9], ]
- Python | Group elements at same indices in a multi-list
- Python | Group list elements based on frequency
- Python | Group consecutive list elements with tolerance
- Break a list into chunks of size N in Python
- Python | Group Anagrams from given list
- Python | Group tuples in list with same first value
- Python | Positions of maximum element in list
- Python | Group strings at particular element in list
- Python | Group by matching second tuple value in list of tuples
- Python | Add list elements with a multi-list based on index
- Python | Sorting list of lists with similar list elements
- Python | Merge List with common elements in a List of Lists
- Python | Replace elements in second list with index of same element in first list
- Python | Indices of sorted list of list elements
- Python | Maximum sum of elements of list in a list of lists
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.