Sometimes, while working with data, we might have a problem in which we need to find minimum differene between available pairs in list. This can be application to many problems in mathematics domain. Let’s discuss certain ways in which this task can be performed.
Method #1 : Using
min() + list comprehension
The combination of this functions can be used to perform this task. In this, we compute the absolute difference of all pairs and then return the min of it using min().
The original list : [(3, 5), (1, 7), (10, 3), (1, 2)] Minimum difference among pairs : 1
Method #2 : Using
min() + lambda
This is similar to above method. In this the task performed by list comprehension is solved using lambda function, providing the difference computation logic. Returns the min. difference pair.
The original list : [(3, 5), (1, 7), (10, 3), (1, 2)] Minimum difference among pairs : (1, 2)
- Python | Matrix Tuple pair Column product
- Python | Convert tuple to adjacent pair dictionary
- Python | Difference Between List and Tuple
- Python | Find Maximum difference between tuple pairs
- Python - Minimum in tuple list value
- Python | Sort tuple list on basis of difference of elements
- Python | Pair and combine nested list to tuple list
- Python - Column Minimum in Tuple list
- Python | Minimum element in tuple list
- Python | Minimum K records of Nth index in tuple list
- Python - Find minimum k records from tuple list
- Python | Find Maximum difference pair
- Python - Minimum Product Pair in List
- Python - Find Minimum Pair Sum in list
- Python - Raise elements of tuple as power to another tuple
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.