Given a list of numbers and a variable K, where K is also a number, write a Python program to find the number in a list which is closest to the given number K.
Input : lst = [3.64, 5.2, 9.42, 9.35, 8.5, 8], K = 9.1 Output : 9.35 Input : lst = [9, 11, 5, 3, 25, 18], K = 6 Output : 5
Method #1 : Using
In this approach, we use
min method from Python and apply a key that finds the absolute difference of each element with K, and returns the element having minimum difference.
Method #2 : Using
This approach applies the same method but using numpy module. First we convert the given list to an array. Find absolute difference with K of each element, and return the minimum from it.
- Find number from given list for which value of the function is closest to A
- Python | Find the closest Key in dictionary
- Python Program for Find the closest pair from two sorted arrays
- Python program to find second largest number in a list
- Python program to find smallest number in a list
- Python program to find largest number in a list
- Python | Find maximum length sub-list in a nested list
- Python program to create a list of tuples from given list having number and its cube in each tuple
- Python | Find Min/Max in heterogeneous list
- Find Median of List in Python
- Find size of a list in Python
- Find average of a list in python
- Python | Find all triplets in a list with given sum
- Find K Closest Points to the Origin
- Python program to find sum of elements in list
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : nidhi_biet