Each and every day, you must be watching some video or another on YouTube which may be related to Music, Movies, Studies, Research, Leisure etc. You might want to store some video for future use where it will be required due to lack of internet or saving data or any other reason.
What if we tell you that you can do this exact very thing using Python. Let’s see how to download Youtube videos using
youtube_dl module in Python.
Install the module with this command –
pip install youtube_dl
Now, suppose you are watching this video on YouTube.
Below is the Python code –
And it’s done. The video you want gets downloaded in the Python folder.
- Pytube | Python library to download youtube videos
- Youtube Data API for handling videos | Set-1
- Youtube Data API for handling videos | Set-2
- Youtube Data API for handling videos | Set-3
- Youtube Data API for handling videos | Set-4
- Youtube Data API for handling videos | Set-5
- YouTube Media/Audio Download using Python | pafy
- Python | Program to download complete Youtube playlist
- Display date and time in videos using OpenCV - Python
- How to download Google Images using Python
- Download Instagram profile pic using Python
- Python - Obtain title, views and likes of YouTube video using BeautifulSoup
- Create GUI for Downloading Youtube Video using Python
- Playing Youtube Video using Python
- Download Anything to Google Drive using Google colab
- Simple Multithreaded Download Manager in Python
- Python | How to download windows lock-screen wallpapers
- How to download and install Python Latest Version on Windows
- Download and Install Python 3 Latest Version
- How to download and install Python Latest Version on Android
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.