Python | Create and write on excel file using xlsxwriter module
XlsxWriter is a Python module for writing files in the XLSX file format. It can be used to write text, numbers, and formulas to multiple worksheets. Also, it supports features such as formatting, images, charts, page setup, auto filters, conditional formatting and many others.
Use this command to install xlsxwriter module:
pip install xlsxwriter
Note: Throughout XlsxWriter, rows and columns are zero indexed. The first cell in a worksheet, A1 is (0, 0), B1 is (0, 1), A2 is (1, 0), B2 is (1, 1) ..similarly for all.
Let’s see how to create and write to an excel-sheet using Python.
Code #1 : Using A1 notation(cell name) for writing data in the specific cells.
Code #2 : Using the row-column notation(indexing value) for writing data in the specific cells.
Code #3 : Creating a new sheet with the specific name
XlsxWriter has some advantages and disadvantages over the alternative Python modules for writing Excel files.
- It supports more Excel features than any of the alternative modules.
- It has a high degree of fidelity with files produced by Excel. In most cases the files produced are 100% equivalent to files produced by Excel.
- It has extensive documentation, example files and tests.
- It is fast and can be configured to use very little memory even for very large output files.
- It cannot read or modify existing Excel XLSX files.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course. And to begin with your Machine Learning Journey, join the Machine Learning – Basic Level Course